- Chairperson: Elliott Finkelstein
- Vice Chairperson: Doug Lea
- Riffat Ashai, M.D.
- Heidi Burghardt
- Nicole Czarnecki
- Arthur Gold
- Joshua Hirsh
- Ande Kolp
- Randy Murbach
- Marian Vessels
- Mia Williams
- Karen Wood
Meets six times per year on Monday evenings, 6:30 to 8:30 pm. Meetings are held virtually via Webex, unless otherwise noted.
2021 Meeting Dates
- April 26
- June 28
- August 23
- October 25
- December 6
County Resolution 23-2018 required the Commission on Disabilities to research, review and prepare a report with recommendations “on how the County can facilitate full inclusion of all residents in all aspects of community life” and best practices in disabilities services, specifically in the areas of Education, Employment, Housing, Peer Relationships and Transportation. Staff of the Department of Community Resources and Services prepared this report on behalf of the Commission on Disabilities.
Meets quarterly on Tuesdays from 12:30 to 2:30 pm. Meetings are held virtually via Webex, unless otherwise noted.
2021 Access Committee Meeting Dates
- May 11
- September 14
- November 9
Meets quarterly on Wednesdays from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Meetings are held virtually via Webex until further notice, unless otherwise noted.
2021 Provider Committee Meeting Dates
- May 19 (cancelled)
- September 22
- November 17
The Howard County Commission on Disabilities (CoD) was established by statute in 1988 to:
- Increase public awareness of disability-related issues
- Serve in an advisory capacity on County Government programs, policies, and budget
- Assist County Government to ensure compliance with the requirements of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
The commission’s mission is facilitated through the efforts of its members and its subcommittees.