The Local Health Improvement Coalition (LHIC) works to improve health outcomes and reduce health disparities in Howard County. Participation is sought from individuals and organizations that seek to ensure access to programs and services that support our vision of equitable health outcomes for all.
Howard County’s Local Health Improvement Coalition (HCLHIC) works to achieve health equity in Howard County and to identify and reduce health disparities.
All residents of Howard County will have access to health care and health outcomes will be equitable for all.
HCLHIC initiatives will:
- be evidenced-based and/or focused on research-supported promising practices.
- seek to address structural, cultural, and other social determinants of health.
- be inclusive of Howard County’s diverse community and all stakeholders have a voice.
- be collaborative and transparent.
Through strategic Community Engagement, the Howard County Local Health Improvement Coalition works to promote health; prevent and support management of chronic diseases; and promote social engagement and mental health across the lifespan through culturally appropriate, accessible and inclusive healthy lifestyle activities in the following priority areas:
- Healthy Beginnings: Healthy lifestyle activities related to prevention and care for gestational diabetes, maternal and infant health and prevention of pediatric obesity.
- Healthy Living: Health promotion related to chronic disease prevention and care, increased movement and healthier food and beverage choices.
- Healthy Minds: Health promotion for social engagement and to support mental health.