This tier focuses on individuals working to become more aware of behavioral health education to support social, emotional, behavioral and developmental well-being. This section helps you to navigate the physical, emotional, behavioral, and social signs and symptoms of everyday behavioral health and well-being so you can learn strategies to be and stay well.
What are the signs?
- Common changes in mood and emotional health.
- Calm, confident and overall positive outlook.
- Stable energy level.
- Solid ability to complete tasks and focus.
- Normal sleep and appetite for their age and development.
- Consistent performance in school and/or work.
- Meeting developmental milestones.
- Socially active.
- Typical peer-to-peer relationships.
Learn Healthy Habits
Individuals working to become more aware of behavioral health education to support social, emotional, behavioral and developmental well-being.
Check in with your kids
Ask your child questions and check-in with them regularly.
Some examples can be:
- What was the most interesting part of your day?
- What was the most frustrating part of your day?
- Is there anything you’re looking forward to this week?
Learn more about communicating in early childhood
Learn more about connecting with older children in their pre-teen and teenage years
Encourage Good Sleep Habits
Learn more about healthy sleep how you can encourage it with your family.
Promote and Discover Community Resources for Prevention
Learn more about substance use prevention and education at HCDrugFree
Attend Events, Webinars, and More to Learn about Resources
Learn how to support your child's mental health with this presentation. Discover mental health stages, local resources, and support options to guide you through the first steps of getting help for your child. Gain tangible tools for education and intervention and find out where to turn if you encounter roadblocks. View the recording here. https://youtu.be/hQnGkm5_LoA
See more events and trainings on the Local Health Improvement Coalition Calendar