What are Apprenticeships?
Apprenticeships are another tool to help businesses build their talent pipeline and contribute to the growth and retention of employees. We partner with organizations, sponsors, and educational institutions to connect, support, and ensure the success of apprentices.
Benefits for business include:
- Creating a highly skilled employee(s)
- Increased retention
- Reducing Turnover costs
- Attracting women, minorities, and veterans
- Accessing to local Federal and State resources
- Filling vacant positions
Learn more about apprenticeships below!
Are you looking for Financial Incentives?
Learn about the new Apprenticeship program tailored for local businesses in Howard County. Receive up to $20,000 per employer to support the creation of NEW registered apprenticeships or reactivate existing ones. Grow with us and get started now!
Why should you have a Registered Apprenticeship?
Registered Apprenticeships are an industry-driven model proven to attract, train, and retain a highly skilled workforce.
- Registered apprenticeships increase productivity for companies and reduce turnover costs.
- According to US Department of Labor statistics, 91% of apprentices remain on the job one year after employment and report high levels of loyalty and motivation.
- Build the right training model and create flexible options that ensure workers develop the right skills.
To view a brief presentation, click below:
Why become an Apprentice?
Benefits for apprentices include:
• Apprentices Earn-as-they-Learn
• Get college credit and certification
• Acquire a skill that leads to a career
• No education debts/loans
• Earn a national credential within your industry
Have a career path in mind? Here you will find apprenticeship opportunities near you.
*Note: The Howard County Office of Workforce Development does not place individuals into apprenticeship programs. Businesses and/or sponsors hire apprentices directly. YOU must contact and register for Information Sessions to learn more about opportunities.
Are you interested in apprenticeship information sessions and workshops?
If you are a business or an apprentice seeking additional information, kindly click on the relevant link provided below. If you have attended an information session and are ready to proceed with the next steps, please send an email to [email protected] to initiate the process.