Forms and Fees
This page contains the necessary forms and applications needed to apply for various permits and licenses. These documents will also contain important information and the fees associated with each permit and license.
During specific and council driven dates some of these forms will be updated and fees will change. Please refer to this page often.
Click below to view instructions that will help you apply for permits via the Howard County Citizens Access website.
Click below to view a pdf of our current administrative fees.
- Licenses & Permits Transmittal Form
- Contingency Construction Start Form
- Landowner Affirmation Form
- FY22 Excise tax Schedule
- Public School Facilities Surcharge Rates
- Blank Contractor Information Form
- Instructions for Submitting Demolition Permit Application
- Inspection Request "Dial Up" Instructions
- Guaranty Fund
- Declaration of Intent to Install Swimming Pool Safety Devices Form
- Solar Panel Certification
- Sample Plot Plans Including Plot Plans for Online Submission
- Entrance Permit Application
- Fee-In-Lieu for Moderate Housing
- FY22 Building Permit Fee Schedule
- Health Required Floor Plan
Commercial Building Permit Application
**For all Commercial and Mixed Use Building Permits** Please note: The application must be printed in legal size (8.5 x 14) only. Four (4) copies of the completed and signed applications with at least one original signature from the applicant is required. Alternatively, blank applications are also available for pick up at the Licenses and Permits Front Counter.
Residential Building Permit Application
**For all Residential Building Permits** Please note: The application must be printed in legal size (8.5 x 14) only. Four (4) copies of the completed and signed applications with at least one original signature from the applicant is required. Alternatively, blank applications are also available for pick up at the Licenses and Permits Front Counter.
- Grading Permit Application
- Grading Permit Fee Schedule and Grading Surety Rates
- Grading and Sediment Control Cost Estimate Sheet
- Surveyor's Grading Certification Policy
- Grading Permit Checklist
- Standard Erosion & Sediment Control Plan
- Sediment Control Plan Requirements for Forest Harvest
- Grading Completion Agreement/Driveway Apron Agreement
- Landscape Surety Agreement
- Grading Surety Agreement
- Rental Housing/Property Maintenance Complaint Form
- Rental Housing License Fee Schedule
- Rental Housing & Property Maintenance Code Local Amendments
- Rental Housing Inspection Checklist
- Rental Housing Inspection Checklist in Korean
- Rental Housing Inspection Checklist in Chinese
- Rental Housing License Application
- Rental Housing Licensing Information Fact Finder
- Annual Condominium Registration Form