The Board of Health consists of 11 members appointed to five-year terms by the County Executive with County Council consent (Code 1957, Art. 25A, sec. 5(y); Code Health-General Article, secs. 3-101 through 3-202; County Code, sec. 12-101)
The Board of Health meets monthly (with the exception of July, August and December). The Board has general responsibility for the health and sanitary interests of the people of the County and works in accord with the County Council to ensure the health and safety of those in Howard County.
Held virtually and open to the public on the fourth Tuesday of the month (with the exception of July, August and December) at 6:00 p.m.
Individuals interested in participating by phone should contact Kandyce Hopkins.
The Board of Health consists of 11 members.
- Jason Bashura, MPH, RS - Chair
- Audra Nixon, MPH - Vice-Chair
- Stacey Bisnette, MPH
- Judith Chernoff, MD
- Emily Greenberger, MSW, LCSW-C, PC
- Melinda Kantsiper, MD
- Erica Martin, MSW, LCSW-C
- Paul Nagy, PhD
- Jill RachBeisel, MD
- Matthew Reber, MHA
- Anthony Wisnewski, Esq.
- All members must be residents of Howard County, 18 years of age or older
- One member must be a professional in the area of Environmental Health
- Three members should be health professionals and one of the health professionals may be a veterinarian.
- The seven remaining members will represent the general public and will meet one of the following qualifications provided that not more than three meet the same qualification:
- at least two may not have professional or administrative training in the health occupations;
- at least two may have had professional or administrative training in the health occupations, but have not worked as a health professional in the past five years;
- at least one shall have professional experience in mental health; and
- at least one shall have professional experience in substance use disorders.