Community Hygiene Program
The Community Hygiene Program ensures that: reported animal incidents are evaluated for the risk of rabies, citizen complaints are investigated, children that are adopted or in foster care live in healthy homes, aquatic facilities are operated in a safe and sanitary manner. This Program is also involved in sampling of private drinking water wells, and other activities.
Rabies Vaccinations for Your Pets
Howard County Health Department, in cooperation with the Animal Control and Adoption Center, sponsors monthly local vaccination clinics to protect your pet from the rabies virus. These vaccination clinics will be held OUTSIDE (weather permitting) and social distancing measures will be in place. Bring your dog, cat, or ferret for a discounted vaccination.
Location: Howard County Animal Control & Adoption Center
8576 Davis Road
Columbia, MD 21045
Time: Third Thursday of the Month ***weather permitting***
Between the hours of 12:00p.m. and 1:30p.m.
Cost: $5.00 cash or check (Payable to “Director of Finance”)
- All pets must be on a leash or in a carrier!
- Pets must be at least 4 months old to receive a vaccination.
- For a 3-year vaccine, bring a copy of rabies vaccine history from a veterinarian. Otherwise, a 1-year vaccine will be administered.
- A County license for your pet may be obtained at an additional charge ($6.00 for altered, $24.00 for unaltered.) Proof of spay/neuter is required.
- For more information, see our rabies vaccination flier.