The Age-Friendly Action Plan guides implementation and ensures that Howard County continues to evolve as a great place to grow up and to grow older.
Age Friendly Progress Dashboard
- The Age-Friendly Howard County Action Plan includes action items focused on ensuring that residents of all ages can live in a safe and healthy county. The dashboard below provides an update of progress made toward completing these items.
- This dashboard will be updated on a quarterly basis to show how work is progressing.
- If you are aware of organizations, faith communities, civic groups, or businesses that are making strides in any of the areas identified as action items, please contact us at [email protected] or call 410-313-1234.
People of all ages are needed to help implement the Age-Friendly Action Plan.
Are you looking for a rewarding volunteer opportunity that will make a difference in your community today and for years to come? Are you retired, working, or in school? Your skills, energy, and passion are needed to make the action steps a reality.
To get involved in bringing the action plan to life, contact [email protected].
The Action Plan outlines more than 50 Action Items, or recommendations, to bring the County closer to being a more inclusive, accessible, safer, and healthier community for people of all ages. It uses the World Health Organization's 8 Domains of Livability as a guide to examine Howard County's infrastructure, services, communications, and ways of working together.
More details about the Action Plan, including the community survey and implementation details, can be found in the appendices. View the following documents for more:
- 2020 Age-Friendly Community Survey (Appendix I)
- Survey Results (Appendix II)
- Action Item Details and Rationale (Appendix III)
In order for implementation of the Plan to move forward we need you! Review the Action Plan and decide which Domain or Action Items match your interests, skills, or knowledge. Then, consider signing up for one or more Work Group. For more information, email [email protected].
Meetings: Second Mondays, 2:30pm - 4:00pm via Webex
Meetings: Every other Friday, 1:00pm - 2:30pm via Webex.
Meetings: Third Fridays, 1:30pm - 3:00pm via Webex.
Meetings: Last Tuesdays, 12:00pm - 1:00pm via Webex
If you are interested in implementing action items under this domain, please email [email protected]
Meetings: First Thursdays, 1:00pm - 2:00pm via Webex.
Meetings: Last Tuesdays, 9:30am - 11:00am via Webex
Work Group Recruitment in Progress. If you are interested in implementing action items under this domain, please email [email protected]