Infants & Toddlers Program
The Howard County Infants and Toddlers Program (HCITP) serves children from birth to three years of age who have a developmental delay or who are at risk for developmental delay. Participating agencies are the Howard County Health Department, the Howard County Public School System, and the Howard County Department of Social Services. If you have concerns about your child’s development (ages birth to 34.5 months), please call 410-313-7017 or send an email to refer your child.
How it works
- Call to schedule an evaluation appointment to determine eligibility for early intervention services.
- If your child is eligible, a primary provider will be assigned to meet with you. They will conduct an interview with your family and/or child-care providers. During this two-hour interview they will help turn your concerns and priorities into real-life, functional outcomes that you can work on throughout your everyday activities.
- An Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) will be developed to document these outcomes in the child’s natural environment, such as home, child care, preschool or any community setting.
- During visits, we support the ability of all families and caregivers to enhance their child’s learning and development.
- Our team of professional early interventionists visits the family or caregiver—not just the child—to build upon the family’s ability to have the most impact on the child’s learning and development.