Below are the Department's monthly reports and general documents. For any historical documents, please send a request to [email protected] and we will send them to you.
- January 2021
- February 2021
- Annual Letter to County Council - 2020 Report on MIHU Fee-in-lieu expenditures
The Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice, or AI, is a planning process for local governments and public housing agencies (PHAs) to take meaningful actions to overcome historic patterns of segregation, promote fair housing choice, and foster inclusive communities that are free from discrimination.
This AI was conducted for the Baltimore Region between 2019 and 2020 as a joint effort among the following entities:
- City of Annapolis and the Housing Authority of the City of Annapolis,
- Anne Arundel County and the Housing Commission of Anne Arundel County
- City of Baltimore and the Housing Authority of Baltimore City,
- Baltimore County,
- Baltimore Metropolitan Council (BMC),
- Harford County and the Havre de Grace Housing Authority, and
- Howard County and the Howard County Housing Commission.
In general, this AI follows the template for the Assessment of Fair Housing (AFH) that was created by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) pursuant to HUD’s 2015 rule on affirmatively furthering fair housing. While following that template is no longer required, our region has a long history of working together to identify and address impediments to fair housing. The participants thought it was important to build upon that history by enhancing the community engagement process and continuing to examine our impediments collaboratively.
The AI is intended to identify barriers to fair housing. By its nature, the document identifies deficiencies in existing practices and problems that remain unaddressed. The fact that the AI is designed to point out areas of improvement is not meant to disparage the efforts made by the jurisdictions individually or the group’s collective efforts, which is one of the few multijurisdictional attempts to remedy fair housing in the country.