Administrative Care Coordination Unit (A.C.C.U.)
The role of the Administrative Care Coordination Unit (ACCU) staff is to help Medicaid recipients understand their benefits and to access and appropriately use the health care services provided through their Managed Care Organization (MCO).
- Help you understand your HealthChoice Benefits
- Explain your MCO choices
- Help you find an in-network primary care doctor or specialist
- Link you to Medicaid transportation services
- Explain out-of-network services
- Explain annual right to change MCOs
- Explain how to renew your Medicaid benefits
- Help resolve billing issues
- Explain how to keep your information updated
- Explain how to get a new Medicaid card
- Explain appeal & grievance rights
- Provide Ombudsman Services
- Howard County Resident
- HealthChoice or Medicaid Recipient
HOW TO CONTACT:
Email: [email protected]
Hours of Operation:
Monday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM EDT
Tuesday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM EDT
Wednesday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM EDT
Thursday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM EDT
Friday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM EDT
Saturday: Closed & Sunday: Closed
The Ombudsman investigates disputes referred by the Division of Complaint Resolution between recipients and MCO's. For Assistance, please call 410-313-7323.
Howard County Health Department offers Administrative Care Coordinators to serve as a resource to help clients understand their insurance options and how to access services.
Languages: English, Spanish, Korean and interpreter services available upon request.
MCO Comparison Chart
Maryland Prenatal Risk Assessment Form (MPRA)
(For prenatal care providers)