WIC is a federally funded program that provides healthy foods and nutrition counseling for pregnant women, new mothers, infants and children under age five.
WIC Offers Dental Screenings to WIC Participants
Beginning on Thursday, June 2, 2022, WIC will offer dental screenings to WIC participants. Appointments are preferred (but walk-ins accepted).
WHEN: First Thursday of the month
WHAT: Oral health and dental screening (also includes a fluoride varnish and a referral to services at Chase Brexton, if needed)
WHO: Pregnant moms and children on WIC
MORE INFORMATION: Call us at 410-313-7510
Maryland Department of Health Releases Guidance for Families Seeking Baby Formula During National Shortage
The Maryland Department of Health issued guidance for families looking to find baby formula during the national shortage. Read the full Press Release here.
- If you are a WIC family, contact us for assistance locating products or making changes to your WIC food benefits.
- If you are not a Maryland WIC participant, visit the Maryland WIC website to learn how to apply, or call us at 410-313-7510 to find out if you are eligible for benefits.
General Formula Guidance
- Do not dilute infant formula. Adding extra water or other liquids to infant formula can be dangerous and life-threatening for babies, leading to serious nutritional deficits and health issues.
- Do not use homemade formulas. Formulas made at home often lack the critical nutrients that babies need.
- Use a different brand or type of formula if available. For most babies, it is OK to switch to any available formula. Call your child’s health provider if you have questions.
- If feeding a baby with human milk from a source other than the baby's mother, you should only use milk from a source that has screened its milk donors and taken other precautions to ensure the safety of the milk.
- If your baby needs a special formula, your child’s health provider can advise you on a comparable formula to use.
- If you are still unable to find a speciality formula, contact a manufacturer’s hotline:
- Gerber’s MyGerber Baby Expert
- Abbott’s Consumer Hotline: call 1-800-986-8540
- Abbott’s urgent product request line: Ask your OBGYN or your infant’s pediatrician to submit an urgent product request by downloading and completing the form - PDF
- Reckitt’s Customer Service line: call 1-800 BABY-123 (222-9123)
Abbott Baby Formula Recall
Abott has voluntarily recalled its powedered baby formulas including Similac, Alimentum and EleCare, manufactured in Sturgis, Michigan. They have also recalled one lot of Similac PM 60/40 (Lot # 27032K80 (can) / Lot # 27032K800 (case)). To read more about the recall click HERE.
To find out whether certain products are included in the recall and to check the lot number click HERE.
CAREAPP - connect to community programs and services
- Pregnant women
- New moms (up to six months after delivery)
- Breastfeeding moms (up to one year after delivery)
- Children under the age of five
*You must meet income guidelines, see link for more details regarding eligibility.
- Breastfeeding support
- Nutrition Education
- Referrals to other programs if needed
- Access to free healthy foods that can be purchased at the grocery store with eWIC card
- Call Howard County WIC at 410-313-7510.
- Please CLICK HERE for details about the documents that must be provided.
Columbia Health Center
8930 Stanford Blvd
Columbia, MD 21045
Telephone: 410-313-7510 (voice/relay)
Email: [email protected]
Hours: 8:00am - 5:00 pm - Monday through Friday
North Laurel Health Center
9411 Whiskey Bottom Rd
Laurel, MD 20723
Telephone:: 410-313-0630 (voice/relay)
Hours: 8:00am - 4:30 pm - Monday through Friday
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer. Read full statement HERE.
*** WIC is NOT part of Public Charge. *** ("Public Charge" means any immigrant who receives one or more public benefits for more than 12 months total within a 36 month period.) The final Public Charge rule says that WIC participation will NOT be considered in any "public charge" determination conducted in the United States. WIC clinics do NOT collect information about immigration status. They do NOT share personal participant information with immigration authorities.
***WIC NO es parte de la Carga Pública*** Las clínicas del WIC no preguntan ni recopilan información sobre el estado de inmigración o ciudadnía de un participante. La norma final de carga pública aclara que la participación en el WIC NO SERA considerada en una determinación de carga pública realizada en los Estado Unidos. Las clínicas y agencias del WIC no comparten información personal de los participantes con las autoridades de inmigración.