Need assistance with your child care business?
Receive advice and guidance for your child care program from the Technical Assistance Specialist in the Office of Children and Families. Common topics and issues are listed below; feel free to call with other questions related to running a child care program.
- Maryland EXCELS
- Program Accreditation through MSDE or NAFCC
- Environmental Rating Scales
- Business Administration Scale/Program Administration Scale
Working with Infants and Toddlers
- Creating or expanding infant care in your program
- Arranging your environment to meet the needs of young children
- Mentoring, coaching, and training
- Identifying red flags for developmental delays
- Planning strategies to meet children’s special needs or behavior challenges
- CDA: The Child Development Associate
- The Maryland Credential
- Choosing Appropriate Classes and Creating a Professional Development Plan
Other Special Topics
- Starting a New Child Care Business: Licensing, Compliance with Regulations, Selecting Equipment and Arranging Your Space, Marketing Your Business
- Enhancing Your Child Care Business
- Managing Staff Members: hiring, supervision, evaluation, professional development plans, delegating tasks, time management
For assistance or more information, contact Lisa Hendricks, Technical Assistance Specialist, by calling 410-313-3667.