The Howard County Department of Fire and Rescue Services is working with the Howard County Health Department's Opioid Overdose Response Program. This program includes free training on Naloxone (Narcan) for Howard County residents, employees, and visitors on how to save a person’s life from a possible overdose caused by an opioid.
What You'll Learn
- Types of opioids (heroin and pain medication)
- How to recognize, respond, and prevent an opioid overdose
- How to administer intra-nasal naloxone
- Rights and responsibilities for those who choose to receive a prescription for naloxone
- Resources for you, family members, friends and loved ones
For more information and to register, click here.