The Environmental Sustainability Board formed in 2007 as a recommendation of the Commission on the Environment and Sustainability. The Board is a smaller version of the Commission, maintaining the diverse membership. Consisting of 13 members, the Board assists in the implementation of the County’s environmental agenda, providing both advice and review. Board members include experts in energy, air/water quality, environmental governance, community outreach and education, transit, green building, and environmental health.
The Environmental Sustainability Board meets the second Thursday of each month. These meetings are open to the public. The next meeting will be on January 13, at 7:00pm. The meeting will be held online and by phone through Webex.
Join Meeting Join meeting
More ways to join:
Join from the meeting link: https://howardcountymd.webex.com/howardcountymd/j.php?MTID=m32d6d32ed27a477b2f9c9593e416fb1e
Join by meeting number
Meeting number (access code): 2305 434 0572
Meeting password: A62RwP3mFhP
Tap to join from a mobile device (attendees only)
+1-650-479-3207,,23054340572## Call-in toll number (US/Canada)
Join by phone
1-650-479-3207 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)
Global call-in numbers
Join from a video system or application
Dial [email protected]
You can also dial 126.96.36.199 and enter your meeting number.
Join using Microsoft Lync or Microsoft Skype for Business
Dial [email protected]
If you are a host, click here to view host information.
Need help? Go to https://help.webex.com
- Christine Conn - Chair
- Olivia Farrow
- Kelly Hensing
- Chris Tsien
- Nancy McAllister
- Amber Butler
- Brooke Abercrombie
- Larry Liebesman
Environmental Sustainability Board Annual Report available to the public. Each December the board provides an annual report to the County Council and Executive.
*The appendix is not an official listing of priorities, but should be considered a sample of work areas that the board is interested in exploring.
- Jamie Brown - Agricultural Land Preservation Board
- Cathy Hudson - Agricultural Land Preservation Board
- Kevin Lucas - Maryland Clean Energy Advisory Council
- Franny Yuhas - MD-DC-DE-VA Solar Energy Industries Association
- Daniel Jacobs - Howard County Farm Bureau
- Howie Feaga (Alternate) - Howard County Farm Bureau
- Keith Ohlinger - Howard County Farm Bureau
- John Dove - Howard County Soil Conservation District
- Glen Brand - Maryland Sun (Solar United Neighbors)
- Kelly Hensing - Environmental Sustainability Board
- Amber Butler - Environmental Sustainability Board
- Leah Miller (Vice Chair) - Office of Community Sustainability
- James Zoller (Chair) - Office of Community Sustainability
- Amy Gowan - Department of Planning and Zoning
- Joy Levy - Department of Planning and Zoning