The Environmental Sustainability Board formed in 2007 as a recommendation of the Commission on the Environment and Sustainability. The Board is a smaller version of the Commission, maintaining the diverse membership. Consisting of 13 members, the Board assists in the implementation of the County’s environmental agenda, providing both advice and review. Board members include experts in energy, air/water quality, environmental governance, community outreach and education, transit, green building, and environmental health.
The Environmental Sustainability Board meets the second Thursday of each month. These meetings are open to the public. The next meeting will be on WEDNESDAY November 10, at 7:00pm. The meeting will be held online and by phone through Webex.
The October 14, 2021 meeting has been cancelled.
The November meeting will be held on Wednesday November 10, 2021.
Join Meeting (click to join meeting)
Meeting number (access code): 172 252 2087
Meeting password: A62RwP3mFhP
Tap to join from a mobile device (attendees only)
+1-650-479-3207,,1722522087## Call-in toll number (US/Canada)
Join by phone
1-650-479-3207 Global Call-in toll number (US/Canada)
1-646-992-2010 Call-in toll number New York City
1-202-860-2110 Call-in toll number Washington DC
Join from a video system or application
Dial [email protected]
You can also dial 18.104.22.168 and enter your meeting number.
Join using Microsoft Lync or Microsoft Skype for Business
Dial [email protected]
If you are a host, click here to view host information.
Need help? Go to http://help.webex.com
- Christine Conn - Chair
- Ann Strozyk
- Olivia Farrow
- Kelly Hensing
- Chris Tsien
- Nancy McAllister
- Amber Butler
- Brooke Abercrombie
- Larry Liebesman
Environmental Sustainability Board Annual Report available to the public. Each December the board provides an annual report to the County Council and Executive.
*The appendix is not an official listing of priorities, but should be considered a sample of work areas that the board is interested in exploring.
- Jamie Brown - Agricultural Land Preservation Board
- Cathy Hudson - Agricultural Land Preservation Board
- Kevin Lucas - Maryland Clean Energy Advisory Council
- Franny Yuhas - MD-DC-DE-VA Solar Energy Industries Association
- Daniel Jacobs - Howard County Farm Bureau
- Howie Feaga (Alternate) - Howard County Farm Bureau
- Keith Ohlinger - Howard County Farm Bureau
- John Dove - Howard County Soil Conservation District
- Glen Brand - Maryland Sun (Solar United Neighbors)
- Kelly Hensing - Environmental Sustainability Board
- Amber Butler - Environmental Sustainability Board
- Leah Miller (Vice Chair) - Office of Community Sustainability
- James Zoller (Chair) - Office of Community Sustainability
- Amy Gowan - Department of Planning and Zoning
- Joy Levy - Department of Planning and Zoning