Occupancies classified as public assembly under the Howard County Fire Code are required to have one crowd manager for every 250 people. The Office of the Fire Marshal offers an educational seminar to prepare individuals as crowd managers.
This course is designed to prepare individuals to assist in maintaining a fire-safe environment in assembly occupancies. It will provide valuable education in the areas of fire safety and emergency building evacuation. Upon completion of this program, participants will have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to create a safe environment for occupants to gather in and promote organizational safety as a part of the corporate culture. Classes are limited to 26 people; the 12 people minimum is suspended until further notice.
- January 11, 2023: 10 AM - 12 PM
- February 8, 2023: 10 AM - 12 PM
- March 8, 2023: 10 AM - 12 PM
- April 12, 2023: 10 AM - 12 PM
- June 14, 2023: 10 AM - 12 PM
- July 12, 2023: 10 AM - 12 PM
- September,13, 2023: 10 AM - 12 PM
- October 11, 2023: 10 AM - 12 PM
- November 8, 2023: 10 AM - 12 PM
- To sign up, please email: [email protected]
Howard County Fire and Rescue Headquarters
2201 Warwick Way, Marriottsville, MD 21104
Course Fee and Registration
Free to all Howard County organizations, establishments, and civic groups.
To register, email the address above or call 410-313-6040 (Monday through Thursday, 9 am to 2 pm).