Binge Drinking Prevention Campaign
In the Spring of 2023, the Health Department launched a series of videos and developed a supplemental webpage to educate the community about the dangers of binge drinking and resources available in the community to assist individuals who may be struggling with alcohol use.
Program Summary: This service provides community education on substance abuse and opioid misuse prevention. Presentation requests are open to community organizations, churches and support groups. For more information contact the Bureau of Behavioral Health at 410-313-6202
- Community education on substance abuse
- Guiding Good Choices; a workshop for parents with kids ages 9-14 providing skills and knowledge to reduce the risk of their child doing drugs
- Chronic Pain Self-Management; a workshop on managing chronic pain for anyone age 18 and over
- Access to free disposal bags and instructions; use for destroying unused and expired medication in the home
- Access to free Fentanyl test strips and instructions for use