Howard County Resource Guide
The premier Resource Book full of information about local, state and federal programs, businesses, and non-profit organizations serving older adults, caregivers, and their families in Howard County. The guides are free to the community; copies are available at 50+ centers, Howard County libraries and government offices.
This Office on Aging & Independence annual publication features an abundance of information and local resources.
Published monthly as a two-page insert in the Howard County Beacon, the 50+ Connection newsletter provides valuable information regarding programs, services and events of interest to older adults. View the 50+ Connection current issue, or click below for archived editions.
- 50+ Connection, September 2021
- 50+ Connection, August 2021
- 50+ Connection July 2021
- 50+ Connection June 2021
- 50+ Connection May 2021
- 50+ Connection April 2021
- 50+ Connection March 2021
- 50+ Connection, February 2021
- 50+ Connection January 2021
Join the Office on Aging & Independence's free email subscriber list to receive the current issue of The 50+ Connection each month via Constant Contact. Be among the first to hear about upcoming special events and informative programs. Click here to subscribe or manage your subscription preferences. We welcome your comments and suggestions.
The Howard County Caregivers Guide and the Howard County Resource Guide provide information about local, state and federal programs, businesses, and non-profit organizations serving older adults, caregivers, and their families in Howard County. The guides are free to the community; copies are available at 50+ centers, Howard County libraries and government offices.
In May 2014, Howard County announced the Master Plan for the Aging Population initiative, a comprehensive planning process to design the types of services, programs and facilities to address the future needs of this growing segment of the County’s population. In December 2014, a preliminary presentation of findings to date was shared at a series of public meetings. The full report was released in September 2015.
- Creating an Age Friendly Community Report
- Appendix A-Current Office on Aging Programs and Services
- Appendix B-Demographics Report for the Commission on Aging
- Appendix C-Community Online Survey Results
- Appendix D-Narrative Description of Future Scenarios
- Appendix E-Facilities Master Plan
- Press Release
- Project Summary
- Questions and Answers from Community Kickoff
- Community Survey Results (initial findings)
- Presentation from December 2014 Public Meetings