Alan Wilcom, Recycling Division Chief

Check out details here

We're expanding our Feed The Green Bin program

2 new areas will join April 2019. Sign up to join the green cart club or see if you're in the new collection area. Check out details here.

Yard Trim Collection Resumes April 1

Yard trim collection will resume in April. Residents can recycle yard trim at the Alpha Ridge Landfill WoodWaste area, Monday-Saturday from 8am to 4pm. Note: Yard trim collection runs from the first week in April through the third week in January.


Compost & Rain Barrel Demos

The 2019 schedule for compost and rain barrel gardens is now posted on our News and Upcoming Events webpage. Check it out! These amazing sessions are offered in partnership with our local Master Gardeners. 

HHW Drop-Off

Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off Days resume April 6th at the Alpha Ridge Landfill. Drop-off is on SATURDAYS ONLY from April through November.

Vinyl Siding Drop-Off at ARL

Now accepting vinyl building materials for recycling at the Alpha Ridge Landfill Residents' Convenience Center (2350 Marriottsville Road). Click here for a handy chart of what can be recycled.


Quick Links

Know Before You Throw

Recycling Collection Details

Household Hazardous Waste

News & Upcoming Events

Alpha Ridge Residents' Convenience Center

Holiday Slide Schedule

Feed The Green Bin

11% Doesn't Belong...Test Your Skills

11% of the stuff Howard County residents think is recyclable and put in their blue bin...doesn't belong and ends up as trash.

How fast can you sort?? Drag & drop items to the correct place to see how much you "KNOW" Before You Throw. Play it again for new items too!

Contact Us

9801 Broken Land Parkway
Columbia, MD 21046


Call 410-313-6444

Follow us on Twitter @HoCoRecycles

Sign up for monthly updates