Water Service Leaks

If you believe you have a water leak on your private property, it is recommended that you call the Bureau of Utilities at 410-313-4900 before calling a plumber. We can determine if the leak is on your side ( private) or on the County's side (public).

This will determine whose responsibility it is to repair the leak. We can also turn the water off at the water valve near your property line to prevent further or potential water damage.

For less obvious water appearances, we can also test for fluoride and chlorine content to determine if water originates from the County's Water system - or if it comes from an underground spring or surface groundwater.

Stay Connected!

Sign up for the County Executive's weekly newsletter and stay up to date on everything Howard County.

Zip Code