We Can Help You Quit Smoking or Vaping
The Howard County Tobacco Use Prevention and Cessation Program offers an evidence-based smoking cessation program modeled after the American Lung Association’s Freedom From Smoking Curriculum. Free education and assistance are offered to anyone who lives, works, or studies in Howard County.
- Tobacco use is the number one cause of preventable death and disease
- Smoking causes cancer, heart disease, stroke, lung disease, diabetes, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Lung Cancer is the #1 cause of cancer deaths in the world, killing more people than breast, colorectal and prostate cancers combined
- Preventing initiation among youth/young adults from using tobacco/nicotine-related products
- Providing resources to promote quitting among adults and youth
- Eliminating exposure to secondhand smoke
- Identifying and eliminating tobacco-related disparities
Free Quit Smoking Help
- Weekly individual and group sessions are offered
- Help with developing a quit plan, reducing stress, cravings, and withdrawal symptoms
- Nicotine replacement patches, gum, lozenges, and Chantix offered to those attending classes
- Physician evaluation to determine the best method to help quit.
Program staff are available to attend events or conduct education presentations. To request staff attendance or resource materials, complete and submit the Community Outreach Event Request Form, or call 410-313-6265.
Vaping among teens has rapidly increased and grown in popularity in the last few years, but how much do you know about vaping? Learn why public health experts have declared vaping a youth epidemic by enrolling in or requesting a session of our FREE, virtual Tobacco Awareness Program for Teens (TAPFT) to protect your health and the health of others.