Need help with a child in your care?
The Early Childhood Mental Health (ECMH) program can help child care providers and early childhood educators with children ages 0-5 years of age that have difficult and disruptive behavior. CARE Center behavior consultants work on-site and provide observations and consultations with families and educators to provide intervention and support to decrease challenging or concerning behaviors such as:
- Trouble following directions
- Problems sharing
- Hard to soothe
- Difficulty forming relationships/developing friendships
The CARE Center Behavioral Team will:
- provide on site observation and consultation at family child care or group programs for challenging behaviors
- help you learn to incorporate social stories and activities into your program
- give tips for creating a supportive environment
- teach you and your staff to help children build resiliency, take initiative, maintain self-control and develop positive attachments
Promoting Positive Outcomes for Infants and Toddlers
PPO I/T Infant and Toddler Specialists provide opportunities for Howard County infant and toddler early care and education providers. The primary goal of this program is to increase providers’ capacity to proactively address the social and emotional needs of children age birth to three by providing coaching, consultation and training services in infant and toddler classrooms. A partnership with the PPO I/T program will provide infant/toddler teachers with a certified coach, offering a one-on-one approach within each classroom, and access to free resources and materials. Coaches model techniques, observe staff/child interactions, and provide hands-on strategies to equip teachers of young children with the tools and information to better regulate and more effectively address the developing emotions of those in their care.
For more information or to participate, call 410-313-CARE (2273) or email [email protected]
Join the Howard County Office of Children and Families' campaign and participate in five days of engaging activities with your preschool child.