Bureau of Health Services
Howard County Health Department provides Reproductive Health Services to Howard County women, men and teens, including the LGBTQ community.
Services are confidential. We always accept new patients!
Telehealth services are now available through our reproductive health program on Wednesdays and Fridays. Use your own smart phone or computer to have a visit with our clinicians without having to leave home! Don’t have a smart phone? If you have medical assistance, you may be eligible for a free smart phone and data plan.
- New patients seeking STI testing who don’t have symptoms
- New and established patients seeking pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) for HIV prevention
- New and established patients who would like to get started on birth control or change their birth control method
- Annual visits for individuals under the age of 40 who don’t need a clinical breast exam or pap smear
- Any patient seeking STI testing/treatment whose symptoms are not visualized (rashes, bumps, lesions, etc.)
Call our front desk at 410-313-7500 to learn more and schedule an appointment.
Columbia Health Center - 8930 Stanford Blvd., Columbia, MD 21045
Reproductive (Sexual) Health Clinic Schedule
|Monday||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.||Monday - Friday
Please call 410-313-7500 to schedule an appointment.
Appointments Required. Must be made in advance.
Se habla español
|Tuesday||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||12:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Friday||8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.|
We see uninsured or underinsured clients. Payments for services are based on a sliding fee scale. We accept Medical Assistance Plans and Managed Care Organizations (MCO), Visa, Mastercard, Discover or cash. Commercial insurances are accepted, but HCHD is out-of-network with all commercial insurances.
- Reproductive (Sexual) Health Education for Men and Women
- Pre-conceptual (pre-pregnancy) Health Counseling
- Gynecological Exams
- Birth Control Choices: Oral Contraceptives, Depo-Provera, Paragard IUD, Mirena IUD, Nexplanon and additional birth control choices available by prescription
- Condom Distribution Program
- Pregnancy Testing
- Emergency Contraception - Plan B
- Breast Examinations and Mammogram Referrals
- Pap Screening and Colposcopy Services
- HPV (Human Papillomavirus) Vaccine - Ages 11-26
- Smoking Cessation (Quitting) Classes
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Expedited Partner Therapy
We provide ANONYMOUS and CONFIDENTIAL HIV/AIDS testing.
Testing is free and occurs every Friday by appointment only.
Call us at 410-313-7500 to make an appointment.
Prep can reduce your risk of HIV infection from sex by 90% with only 1 pill a day.
The Health Department offers FREE safer sex supplies, including condoms, lubricants, internal condoms, and dental dams, to all Howard County residents! Fill out this form and we will mail you the supplies you need in a discrete envelope.