ELLICOTT CITY, MD – Howard County non-profit organizations can apply for another round of HoCo RISE Grants starting July 15, 2021. This round of grants is targeted towards social services non-profits impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, including health and human services, youth services, business assistance or workforce development. Howard County will expend more than $1 million in grants supported by the Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development. The grants will be administered by the Howard County Economic Development Authority, and applications will be open July 15-30 at www.hceda.org/c19grants.
Our non-profit community has worked tirelessly during this pandemic to support our most vulnerable, and we need to help the helpers. If we want to be successful on our road to recovery, we must lift up our non-profits and our community that wakes up everyday asking themselves, ‘how can we help?’ These grants will ensure that our nonprofits have the resources, funding, and operations to continue their important daily work to support our residents.
In order to qualify for this grant, organizations must:
- Be a non-profit located in and serving Howard County;
- Serve one of the following areas: Health and Human Services, Youth Services, Business Assistance/Workforce Development;
- Be in Good Standing with Howard County and State Department of Assessment and Taxation (SDAT);
- Submit required documentation (IRS Form 990/W-9); and,
- Have been established prior to March 1, 2020
Eligible uses of the funds include reimbursement for expenses that have not already been reimbursed by State or federal funds received as related to the COVID-19 pandemic for the period March 1, 2020 through December 31, 2021. These expenses may include:
- Working capital, operating costs (ie. Utilities, payroll/salaries, rent, program expenses, etc.)
- Sanitization services, cleaning supplies, PPE, social distancing infrastructure
- Program expenses
- Other eligible COVID-19-related expenses
Funds must be spent by December 31, 2021.