ELLICOTT CITY, MD - Howard County Government offices, 50+ centers, courts and animal shelter will be closed on Friday, November 10th in observance of the Veterans Day holiday. However, regular Friday trash, recycling, yard trim and food scrap collection services will be in effect and the Alpha Ridge Landfill will be open.
County parks, the Gary J. Arthur, North Laurel and Roger Carter Community Centers, Robinson Nature Center, Baltimore & Ohio Ellicott City Station Museum will be open on the 10th. The other county historic sites are closed Friday, but open on Saturday and Sunday. The Meadowbrook Athletic Complex, Cedar Lane and Schooley Mill Park Activity Rooms, Kiwanis-Wallas Hall, and the Harriet Tubman Cultural Center will also be open, but only for scheduled programs.
The Regional Transportation Agency (RTA) will operate on a regular weekday schedule. For more information on RTA, call 1-800-270-9553 or visit www.transitrta.com. All parking regulations and fees will be in effect on Veterans Day.
The 9-1-1 Center, Police and Fire departments remain staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week. For emergencies, call 9-1-1. For non-emergencies, please call 410-313-2200.
County operations will resume on Monday, November 13th, at regular business hours.
Closed on Friday, November 10th
- County Government Offices
- Animal Shelter
- 50+ Centers
- Historic sites with the exception of Baltimore & Ohio Ellicott City Station Museum
Open on Friday, November 10th
- All trash, recycling, yard trim and food scrap services
- Alpha Ridge Landfill
- County parks
- Gary J. Arthur, North Laurel and Roger Carter Community Centers
- Robinson Nature Center
- Baltimore & Ohio Ellicott City Station Museum
- Meadowbrook Athletic Complex*
- Cedar Lane and Schooley Mill Park Activity Rooms*
- Kiwanis-Wallas Hall*
- Harriet Tubman Cultural Center*
- RTA regular weekday schedule
* Facilities open for scheduled programs only
All parking regulations and fees will be in effect.