ELLICOTT CITY, MD – Howard County Executive Calvin Ball today announced applications are now being accepted for Transform Howard Innovation Grants. With $500,000 in grant funding available, these grants provide local non-profits with an opportunity to design and implement forward thinking, emerging and creative ideas to help them better serve county residents. Grant awards will range from $10,000 to $50,000 and grant applications are due by no later than 11:59 p.m., Friday, April 21st.
These grants promote and support the development of innovative solutions that cultivate a thriving, equitable, resilient and sustainable community. Through this grants program, we recognize that collaborating with our local non-profits is central to promoting the safety, security and well-being of all our residents. And that by working together, we can build a stronger, more prosperous and inclusive Howard County.
Applications will be accepted for the following grant categories:
- Reliable & Accessible Infrastructure – Modernization, Technology or Equity in Digital Access;
- Ready & Successful Students – Education and Empowerment;
- Thriving & Healthy Residents – Community Solutions;
- Safe & Engaged – Improving Cybersecurity and Resilience; or
- Clean & Sustainable Environment - Innovation in Sustainability
As part of its grant application process, the County will be offering two information sessions for potential grantee applicants and their partners to attend to learn more about the application process and engage with staff. The first session will take place on Monday, March 27th from 11:00 a.m. to noon and the second on Thursday, March 30th from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. Interested parties can register HERE to participate in one of the sessions.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Demonstrate that the organization is a 501c(3) and in good standing.
- Provide direct services to the residents of Howard County, Maryland (if the agency serves a larger geographic area, funding may only be requested for those services offered within Howard County, Maryland).
- Be aligned with at least one of the grant categories.
- Demonstrates equitable partnerships with other non-profit organizations. Specifically, the non-profit must be able to show the collaboration and willingness of the partnership with other organizations.
Launched in May 2021, in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, the goals of Transform Howard is to transform Howard County into a national model for innovation and digital inclusion by ensuring all residents can access the digital world and the opportunity it brings. The Transform Howard Innovation Grants build on County Executive Ball’s original round of Innovation Grants distributed in February 2020, which awarded eight grantees with a total of $225,000.
For questions and/or more information about Transform Howard Innovation Grants, visit www.howardcountymd.gov/county-executive/innovation-grants or email [email protected].