ELLICOTT CITY, MD – Howard County Government offices, 50+ centers, courts and animal shelter will be closed on Monday, February 20th in observance of the Presidents’ Day holiday. There will be regular Monday trash, recycling and food scrap curbside collections on the 20th, and the Alpha Ridge Landfill will be open.
County parks, the Gary J. Arthur, North Laurel and Roger Carter Community Centers, Cedar Lane and Schooley Mill Park Activity Rooms, Meadowbrook Athletic Complex, Kiwanis-Wallas Hall and the Harriet Tubman Cultural Center will be open on the 20th. However, the Robinson Nature Center, Belmont Manor & Historic Park, Firehouse Museum, Patapsco Female Institute and the Baltimore & Ohio Ellicott City Station Museum will be closed.
The Regional Transportation Agency (RTA) will operate on a regular weekday schedule; for more information on RTA, call 1-800-270-9553 or visit www.transitrta.com. All parking regulations and fees will be in effect on February 20th.
The 9-1-1 Center, Police and Fire departments remain staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week. For emergencies, call 9-1-1; for non-emergencies, call 410-313-2200.
County operations will resume on Tuesday, February 21st at regular business hours.
CLOSED on Monday, February 20th
- County Government Offices
- Animal Shelter
- 50+ Centers
- Robinson Nature Center
- Baltimore & Ohio Ellicott City Station Museum
- Belmont Manor & Historic Park
- Firehouse Museum
- Patapsco Female Institute
OPEN on Monday, February 20th
- Regular Monday curbside trash, recycling and food scrap collection services
- Alpha Ridge Landfill
- County parks
- Harriet Tubman Cultural Center
- Gary J. Arthur, North Laurel and Roger Carter Community Centers
- Cedar Lane and Schooley Mill Activity Rooms
- Kiwanis-Wallis Hall
- Meadowbrook Athletic Complex
- RTA regular weekday schedule
All parking regulations and fees will be in effect