LOCATE: Child Care for Parents
Hours: Monday to Friday, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
LOCATE: Child Care is a free, personalized resource and referral counseling service designed to help parents choose a quality child care program that meets their needs.
LOCATE: Child Care maintains a computerized listing of all Howard County:
- Registered family child care homes
- Licensed center-based and school-age programs
- Certified camps
- Certified nursery schools
- Head Start programs
- Parents can use the Child Care Referral Request Form for assistance in locating child care. A LOCATE Counselor will contact you with your referrals within three business days.
- If you prefer to receive referrals by phone, call 877-261-0060 to speak with a LOCATE counselor regarding your child care needs.
- You may search for referrals in the online Maryland statewide database.
- Parents can use LOCATE: Child Care Search for After School Activities
Complaints or Concerns about a Child Care Provider?
Please visit the website of the Maryland Child Care Resource Network to read the official complaint policy and learn how to register any complaints you might have regarding a caregiver. You can also call the Office of Child Care at 410-750-8771.
Need additional help finding child care to meet your needs?
Call the CARE Line at 410-313-CARE (2273) for additional resources.