CSHS is comprised of service providers and government agencies which offer resources to households in need, to prevent loss of stable housing or regain housing that has been lost.
Eviction Prevention assistance is available through multiple community partners; households needing additional resources may contact the system’s Single Point of Entry for assessment and connection to varying levels of support, including Intensive Case Management. Case managers assist households to:
- identify and address barriers to housing stability;
- connect to resources and ongoing supports;
- identify appropriate and affordable housing.
Other CSHS Supports include:
- Employment Services
- Addiction and Trauma Treatment;
- Support for domestic violence survivors;
- Re-Entry Services
- Supports for school-age children through Howard County’s Public School System.
- Permanent Support Housing
- Housing location provided by a Housing Specialist to find housing for individuals and families whose past rental history is a barrier to securing new housing.
- The Landlord Guarantee Program provides incentive to landlords.
- Flexible Financial Assistance to support housing stability plans of CSHS clients.
For the HC FY2022 Coordinated Entry Eligibility Form: click here
For the Policy & Procedures: click here
For additional information on the Coordinated System of Homeless Services, contact the Services Coordinator at 410-313-0224 (voice/relay).
If you are experiencing a housing crisis, please call the Grassroots hotline at 410-531-6677
- Bridges to Housing Stability
- Community Action Council of Howard County
- Family and Children’s Services of Central Maryland
- Grassroots Crisis Intervention Center
- Hope Works of Howard County
- Heritage Housing Partners
- Howard County Department of Community Resources and Services
- Howard County Department of Corrections
- Howard County Health Department
- Howard County Housing Commission
- Howard County Office of Workforce Development
- Howard County Public School System
- Laurel Advocacy and Referral Services
- Making Change
- Salvation Army