COVID-19 Vaccine Information
For information about the COVID-19 vaccine for older adults and people at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19, please visit our COVID-19 Vaccine Page.
People at higher risk include: older adults and people with chronic health conditions (i.e. heart disease, diabetes, lung disease).
- CDC People at Increased Risk for Severe Illness (March 15, 2021)
- MDH FAQs for Older Adults
- All MDH FAQs can be translated into dozens of languages using the "Translate" button in the top right corner of the page.
- CDC Checklist for Older Adults
- Howard County Office on Aging and Independence website
- COVID-19 and the Health Care for the Homeless Community: Vaccine for Patients and Staff (Dec. 2020)
- CDC Homelessness and COVID-19 FAQs
- CMS Updated Visitation Guidance for Nursing Homes (April 27, 2021)
- CMS Nursing Home Guidance Fact Sheet (March 10, 2021)
- CMS Vaccine Immunization Requirements for Residents and Staff (May 11, 2021)
- MDH Amended Directive and Order Regarding Nursing Home Matters (June 15, 2021)
- CDC Retirement Communities and Independent Living: Guidance and Strategies to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
- CDC Considerations for Retirement Communities and Independent Living Facilities