COVID-19 Vaccine Information
For information about the COVID-19 vaccine for older adults and people at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19, please visit our COVID-19 Vaccine Page.
The CDC has updated its Quarantine & Isolation guidance, including recommendations for high-risk congregate settings. You can review the updated guidance here.
People at higher risk include: older adults and people with chronic health conditions (i.e. heart disease, diabetes, lung disease).
- MDH FAQs for Older Adults
- All MDH FAQs can be translated into dozens of languages using the "Translate" button in the top right corner of the page.
- Howard County Office on Aging and Independence website
- COVID-19 and the Health Care for the Homeless Community: Vaccine for Patients and Staff (Dec. 2020)
- CDC Homelessness and COVID-19 FAQs
- CDC List of COVID-19 Resources for Community Dwelling Older Adults (February 2021)
- CDC COVID-19 Risks and Vaccine Information for Older Adults
- CMS Updated Visitation Guidance for Nursing Homes (April 27, 2021)
- CMS Nursing Home Guidance Fact Sheet (March 10, 2021)
- CMS Vaccine Immunization Requirements for Residents and Staff (September 10, 2021)
- MDH Amended Directive and Order Regarding Nursing Home Matters (January 13, 2022)
- CDC Retirement Communities and Independent Living: Guidance and Strategies to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
- CDC Considerations for Retirement Communities and Independent Living Facilities
- CMS: Healthcare Worker Vaccine Requirements