Office of Cable Administration

***** ATTENTION Comcast/Xfinity Customers*****

Comcast/Xfinity is committed to helping you stay connected.  Be ready no matter the weather.   Click here to stay connected or call (888)-739-1379.


Verizon is changing their Copper Line Phone Service.  Please read the full report HERE.

As the Local Franchising Authority, Howard County Government is authorized to enforce FCC rules and guidelines in the following areas:

  • Customer service, complaints about bills, or a cable operator's response to inquiries about signal quality or service requests
  • Franchise fees, which the cable company pays the Local Franchising authority for the right to access public rights of way to offer cable service

The Office of Cable Administration oversees the performance of cable providers in Howard County and the operation of the public access cable channel. The Office of Cable Administration advises the County Executive and the County Council on matters related to the cable operators.

Public Access Cable Channel Programming Grants
Twice each year, the office accepts grant applications from County residents to produce community-based programming for Public Access Cable Channel 98. When announced, please call the office to request an application.

Cable Issues and Complaints
The Office of Cable Administration investigates cable related complaints and negotiates corrective action with the cable providers. To report a cable issue or complaint concerning cable providers in Howard County, please fill out the Cable Issues and Complaints Form.

Public, Education, Government (PEG) Channels Comcast Verizon
Board of Education 95 42
Government TV 99 44
Howard Community College 96 41
Public Access 98 n/a


Contact Information

Office of Cable Administration
(410) 313-3318 | bookmark this page

There are no services available on site.
Please use the phone or on-line complaint form.

Howard County, Maryland | George Howard Building
3430 Courthouse Drive | Ellicott City, MD 21043

Comcast Customer Lobby
7351 Assateague Drive, Jessup, MD 20794
(888) 739-1379

Verizon Customer Lobby
A Wireless Ellicott City
9337 Baltimore National Pike
Ellicott City, MD 21042

Federal Communications Commission

Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau
Customer Inquiries and Complaint Division
445 12th Street S.W. Washington, DC 20554
(888) 225-5322 |

Maryland Public Service Commission
6 St. Paul Street, 12th Floor, Baltimore, MD 21202
(410) 767-8028 | (800) 492-0474 |

Frequently Asked Questions

Who determines cable regulation and deregulation?

The Federal Government determines cable regulation and deregulation.

Who should I contact if I have a dispute with my cable provider?

You must first contact your provider and try to resolve the problem.  Be sure to keep a record of the names, telephone numbers and dates of all conversations you have with the Company’s representatives.

What if I am unable to resolve the issue with my cable provider?

If you are unable to resolve the issue, you may file a complaint with the Howard County Office of Cable Administration.

To file a compliant, do one of the following:

File by telephone at 410-313-3318
File by submitting a Cable Complaint Form online.

How do I file a complaint against my Internet Service Provider?

Because internet services are not regulated, we have no authority over Comcast or Verizon’s Internet service. However, we may be able to assist with customer service related issues. If you experience a problem with your broadband service and can’t resolve it with your provider, you may file a complaint with the FCC.