Home | Careers | Font size A A A

Pfeiffer's Corner Schoolhouse

Rockburn Branch Park,
6109 Rockburn Branch Park Road,
Elkridge, MD 21075

Directions:
PDF | Google Maps 

Phone: 410-313-4682 (reservations)
410- 313-4717 (event and set-up information)

Pfeiffer's School 

Rental information:
800 sq. ft. (40x20)
Maximum capacity is 40
Restroom
Hardwood floors
Large kitchen sink
10 6' x 1.5' tables and 45 folding chairs

Indoor Facility Rentals  Rental Requests 
Rental Policies 

Originally constructed about 1883, the Pfeiffer's Corner Schoolhouse is one of the very few remaining one-room schools in Howard County and is now fully restored. Children were educated within its walls for over 50 years until it was converted into a residence in the 1940's. It was almost demolished when new homes were built on the property in the 1980's, but was saved through the efforts of local school children. They raised funds to have it moved in 1988 to county-owned parkland along route 108 near Clarksville, where it stood for several years until a permanent location could be found. In 2003, it was moved to Rockburn Branch Park where it will illustrate the changes a 100-year time span has brought to our schools, serve as a historic exhibit in conjunction with the adjacent Clover Hill restoration, and be used for demonstration classes, interpretive tours, and small meetings.