Hurricane and Storm Preparedness Resource Information
Knowing what to do before, during and after an emergency is a critical part of being prepared and may make all the difference when seconds count. Some of the basic protective actions are similar for multiple hazards. Developing a family communications plan or making an emergency supply kit are the same for most accidental emergencies and natural disasters. To start with the basics go to Ready.gov.
For hurricane information and resources click on the links below:
General Emergency Preparedness Information
The Role of the Health Department is to:
1. Answer calls from the public and medical community regarding exposure, symptoms, and treatment recommendations.
2. Help to investigate the risk of individuals to exposure, consult with the State and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and recommend appropriate action
3. Provide prophylactic treatment to exposed individuals.
4. Educate the public and Health Care Providers about the risk of exposure and appropriate actions.
5. Collect information on cases or exposures in Howard County.
Contact us at: 410-313-6300 or toll free at 1-866-313-6300.
Or you may send an e-mail to email@example.com
Click here for Howard County’s Guide to Emergency Preparedness "Be Responsible, Be Ready."
Includes information about: sheltering in place, evacuation and checklists for families and pets. (pdf )
“Sea Responsable, Esté Preparado.”En español: Haz click aqui para su guia personal para preparase ante emergencias (pdf)
Click here for more information on preparedness in Howard County
Click here to submit Admin On-Call Forms
In this Section: