The Care Center
Call 410-313-CARE (410-313-2273) or email email@example.com
CARE Line - Information for Child and Adolescent Resources
The CARE Center's CARE Line is a FREE information and referral service for people who have questions about children in Howard County. CARE Center staff work with families to identify their needs and help find solutions.
Phone and email inquiries to the CARE Line can address topics such as:
- Local resources
- Finding licensed Child Care
- Support groups
- Financial assistance programs
- Strategies for working with a child's social and emotional needs
- Positive youth development
- Developmental delays; such as speech, physical, or hearing
- Information about classes available for parents on child development, positive discipline and parenting skills
- Adolescent concerns with school, substance abuse, and behaviors
For more information, please see our flyer.
CARE Center - Early Childhood Mental Health Project
The Early Childhood Mental Health program can help child care providers and early childhood educators with children ages 0-5 years of age that have difficult and disruptive behavior. CARE Center behavior specialists work on site and provide observations and consultations with families and educators to provide intervention and support to decrease challenging behaviors.
Concerning behaviors such as:
- Trouble following directions
- Hard to soothe
- Difficulty forming relationships/developing friendships
The CARE Center's behavior specialists work on these issue with the goal of keeping children in care, therefore giving them a better chance to enter school ready to learn.