Police: Home page
Integrity Pride Community
September is Hunger Action Month. The Howard County Police Department has partnered with the Maryland State Police and the Maryland Food Bank to help feed Maryland's hungry. DONATE TODAY!
- Several school crossing guard positions are available in various locations. Hours vary from 2-3 per day, depending on location. Please apply here. Positions are posted as “Contingent Protective Services (School Crossing Guards).” Locations are posted. For questions, call Carol Bess, Crossing Guard Supervisor at (410) 313-4745.
- Alarm Registration and False Alarm Fines. Effective Aug. 4, 2014, alarm users can now register their alarm systems and pay false alarm fines and late fees online. Registered users can also attend "Alarm School" and complete a test to request a waiver good toward a $50 fine, learn about false alarm prevention tips and appeal guidelines, and update their contact information.
- As of July 1, 2014, HCPD will no longer be able to provide fingerprint services to the public due to new state technology requirements. State-approved commercial vendors can provide the required electronic technology, known as Livescan. A list of vendors can be found at www.dpscs.state.md.us. Click here for a short list of businesses near Howard County.
- Registration is now open for the next session of Collision Avoidance Training, to be held Sept. 27. This is an advanced defensive driving and vehicle control program for drivers ages 16-20 years old. This class is for drivers who possess a valid "Class C" driver's license (no learners permit.) The class includes two hours of classroom instruction and six hours of behind-the-wheel training. For a list of dates and information on how to apply, click here.
- HCPD is on Facebook: "Like" us today to keep up with news.
- HCPD is on Twitter. Follow us @HCPDNews
Important phone numbers
- Emergencies 911
- Non-emergencies 410-313-2200
- General information 410-313-3200
'Like' us on Facebook!