Recreational Licensed Child Care (RLC)
Recreational Licensed Child Care is dedicated to providing a safe, nurturing, quality program for the youth of Howard County. Our programs take children as young as 2 ½ years up through middle school. We offer a full array of child care programs and all of these programs and all of the staff are licensed through the Maryland State Department of Education Office of Child Care. The Howard County Department of Recreation and Parks, is a recognized leader in opportunities for individuals with disabilities and is pleased to comply with all Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) regulations. Accommodations are made on an individual basis. If you have questions, please contact the appropriate person in the Recreational Licensed Child Care (RLC) Division
2015-2016 Recreational Licensed Childcare (RLC) Open Registration begins Tuesday, November 4, 2014. Registration requires a $50 non-refundable registration fee per child to secure the space. Registration is required annually. To register via phone with credit/debit card or electronic check, please contact our registration office, Monday-Friday, 8 AM-4:30 PM, at 410-313-7275. Credit card/debit card, checks and cash are accepted via mail or walk-in, with the coupon or application at Howard County Recreation & Parks, 7120 Oakland Mills Rd., Columbia, MD 21046.
Registration is OPEN for the 2014-2015 school year! (Registration for the 2014-2015 Recreational Licensed Childcare (RLC) Program will close to enrollment on Monday, August 18, 2014 at 4:30 PM. Registration for RLC will re-open on Tuesday, August 26, 2014.)
Click here to register.
- Early Learning Centers: Pre-school programs that run from September thru May.
- Elementary School: Before and after-school programs.
- Middle School (Can-TEEN Club): After-school programs.
- Optional Full Day Care: For days when schools are closed. Click here for a chart with all of the current school year Optional Days.
- Therapeutic Recreation: After school programs for children and young adults with developmental disabilities.
- Summer Sunsations: Our summer camp program, running seven consecutive weeks with all day care available (7am to 6pm).
- Homework Club: This is a grant-funded program for the children of Ellicott City through a partnership with Howard County Housing, the Board of Education, Recreation and Parks and the Black Student Achievement Program (BSAP). The program helps children with their homework and provides additional academic assistance to improve school performance. It is a well-rounded program that includes sports, arts and crafts, social activities, and special events.