Home | Careers | Font size A A A

Bollman Truss Bridge

8650 Foundry Street
Savage, MD 20763

Directions:
PDF | Google Maps 

Bollman Truss 

The Bollman Truss Bridge is the only known remaining example of the revolutionary all-iron truss system patented by Baltimore engineer Wendell Bollman in the mid-19th century. Constructed in 1869, the bridge was moved to its current site in 1888 and was in use until 1915. Designated a National Historic Landmark in 2000, it is now utilized as a pedestrian bridge connecting Historic Savage Mill with the Mill Trail, a walk linking old mill sites along the Patuxent River.