5750 Oakland Mills Road
Columbia, MD 21045
Blandair takes its name from Theodorick Bland, a colorful figure in early Maryland politics, who served as Chancellor of Maryland from 1824 until his death in 1846. While the property was farmed as early as 1798, most of the existing buildings date from the mid–19th century, and include a granary, springhouse, tenant houses, and the brick main house. Howard County purchased the property in 1998 and plans to develop the site as a regional park. While public access to Blandair is limited during restoration, occasional heritage programs are held there. The farm was also the site of the 2003 International Preservation Trade Conference.