Women, Infant and Children Program (WIC)
WIC is a federally funded nutrition education program with healthy supplemental foods. The supplemental foods are purchased with WIC checks at local grocery stores. It is also a referral program for other health agencies.
It provides services to pregnant women, new mothers, infants and children under the age of five.
WIC Benefits Include:
* Better nutrition through healthier foods and access to a staff Nutritionist
* Healthier pregnancies
* A large variety of FREE recommended foods
* Breastfeeding counseling and support
* Tips about decreasing obesity among mothers and children
* Referrals to other services including on-site dental exams for babies and children under five
* Give-aways, recipes and promotional items to encourage healthy eating
* Smart shopping advice
WIC supplemental foods are purchased at area grocery stores using WIC vouchers.
*** WIC VendorFinder***
To us the find the store nearest your home or work that accepts WIC,
CLICK HERE! (Includes driving directions!)
Supplemental foods now available through WIC:
- Be pregnant, be a new mother, or have a child under five years of age.
- Must meet WIC income guidelines. Click here to view.
- You are already financially eligible if you receive food stamps, medical assistance, temporary cash assitance, energy assistance, free or reduced school lunch or participate in the Maryland Children's Health Program (MCHP).
- WIC may be transferred to or from any U.S. state or territory.
- Proof of Identity for the Person/Child Being Enrolled (Bring ONE)
Drivers License or MVA Identification Card
Social Security Card
Picture Identification (Government, School, Employment)
- Proof of Address (Bring ONE)
Official Bill or Statement
Copy of Lease
- Proof of Household Income (Bring AT LEAST ONE)Recent Pay Subs or Benefits Letter: SSI, Social Security, Unemployment
Medical Assistance Card
Independence Card with Recent Receipt (30 days)
- Proof of Pregnancy (If Pregnant)
- Immunization Record (Infant or Child)
- WIC Referral Form (If Available)
If you are already enrolled in WIC, bring your WIC ID Folder to ALL appointments including check pick-up
** The person to be enrolled MUST come to the appointment.**
WIC Services Available at the Following Locations:
Columbia Health Center
7180 Columbia Gateway Drive
Columbia, Md. 21046
Telephone Number: 410-313-7510
Fax Number: 410-313-5719
Hours: 8:00am - 5:00 pm
Monday through Friday
North Laurel Community Center/WIC Office
9411 Whiskey Bottom Rd
Laurel, MD 20723
Telephone Number: 410-313-0630
Fax Number: 410-313-0620
Hours: 8:00am - 4:30 pm
Monday through Friday
- Better nutrition from healthier foods
- Healthier pregnancies
- A large variety of healthy, free foods
- Tips to decrease obesity
- Tests and treatment for anemia (low blood iron)
- Individualized breastfeeding counseling and support
- And much, much more
WIC helps you provide better nutrition for a brighter future.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
More Information and Resources:
Maryland WIC Hotline: 1-800-242-4WIC
Additional questions may be directed by e-mail to email@example.com