Buy Local, Eat Local, Be Local!
April 16, 2016
10:00am - 4:00pm
Howard Community College
Burrill Galleria and Quad (map)
RAIN OR SHINE! (Most of GreenFest is inside.)
Join us for a FREE family event celebrating Earth Month on Saturday, April 16 from 10:00am – 4:00pm at Howard Community College in the Burrill Galleria. Over 80 displays will provide easy steps we can take to promote environmental responsibility. Lunch will be available for purchase.
Want to be a vendor?
Print an application for the 2016 GreenFest!
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND... paper shredding will be offered at GreenFest (April 16, 2016). Check back for details.
Check back later for more information about recycling and reusing opportunities at the 2016 GreenFest. We are currently finalizing details and locations.
Highlights from the 2015 GreenFest:
- 600+ raffle entries to win a compost tumbler and compost starter kit!
- Native plant sale all day on the Quad
- 900 lbs of electronics collected for recycling
- 12 bikes for Bikes for the World
- Numerous items collected for Goodwill
- Children's nature play space
- Rain barrel workshops including 50 free barrels given away
- Compost and gardening/landscaping workshops and speakers
- Free compost bin giveaway
- Local green businesses and information on sustainable products
- Lots of FREE STUFF!
For a complete list of vendors and activities, see the 2015 GreenFest Brochure.
A GIANT thank you to our 2015 sponsors:
- Allen & Shariff Corporation
- British American Auto Care, Inc.
- Columbia Alumnae Chapter Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Columbia Association
- Dr. Energy Saver Central MD
- HoCo Climate Change
- Howard Commuter Solutions
- Howard County Conservancy
- Howard County Master Gardeners
- Howard County Watershed Stewards Academy
- Howard Soil Conservation District
- Iota Lambda Omega, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc.
- Kitchen Saver
- Lauren's Garden Service
- League of Woman Voters of Howard County
- MOM's Organic Market
- Naturalawn of America
- Roots Market
- Sierra Club Howard County
- SuperGreen Solutions
- The Wildlife Authority
- Think Speak Act, LLC
- Transition Howard County
- Viridian Green Energy
- Waste Management Recycle America
Thank you to all of our wonderful volunteers! We couldn't do it without you.
If you are interested in joining us as a 2016 vendor or speaker, please check back for the 2016 vendor form. For more information, please contact Alan Wilcom at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-313-6433.
Become a fan of Howard County GreenFest on Facebook and follow @LiveGreenHoward on Twitter.
Check out all the fun we've had during past GreenFests: